Thursday, September 22, 2011

Back to business

A lot has happened since my last post.... It's hard to know where to start! Lots of photos (like always) of all kinds of stuff. So this post will have lots of images. This post will also be more personal than a lot of the others.
First off, I would like to apologize to my faithful readers (or blog stalkers :) , whatever). I haven't posted/updated this blog like I have my others. The main reason being that I moved the other 2 over to Wordpress, and truthfully the app for my phone for blogger just stinks to high heaven. I have been out of town a lot in the past month. My father-in-law lost his battle with Cancer on August 29th. We were all hoping it would have been a lot longer before we had to say goodbye to him. He had given such a tough fight. About a year ago he had surgery to remove some of the cancer, and then he went through radiation and chemo. It's been a really rough year for the whole family. Losing him was something that none of us were prepared for. We went to visit him in the hospital several times, and that last time he was sleeping. I held his hand and kissed his bald little head, told him I loved him, and he squoze my hand a little. We lost him very early the next morning. Since then we have spent a lot of time just going through all of the things he left behind. Sorting 30 plus years of accumulated life is hard! The emotional side of it has been the hardest for everyone. It's hard not to feel like he is still here. I find myself often thinking "I will just call dad" when I get stumped on something. So, for anyone who was wondering, that is where I have been. Just kind of taking a break to get back to basics with life. Spend time with family, help my mother-in-law with things, doing whatever I can to help her get ready to sell the house and move.
Anyway, I am so super excited that fall has officially come to Utah! It's GORGEOUS! I love it when the leaves start to turn, even if I have to go for a ride through a canyon to see it. And of course because the leaves have changed I have the camping bug, and I want to go all the time! Which leads me to another reason for my post. For the month of October I am almost completely booked for weekends! So, if you want to get fall photos done you will need to book the end of September or during the week in October. Also, any sessions done between now and Thanksgiving will get a custom photo collage (great for Christmas cards) free! I love the photo Christmas cards (I do them with my own family!) and I can do them in absolutely any size you need.
On to the photos! Here are some of my favorites that have been taken in the past weeks since my last post!










1 comment:

Cali and Brett Smith said...

You take the best landscape pictures... just amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...