Monday, July 5, 2010

Independence Weekend

My crazy state has a tradition that if the holiday falls on a Sunday we celebrate it the Saturday before or the Monday after... the problem with that theory is that they have no protocol. So some places do it Saturday and some do it Monday. Because of that we end up with a weekend long celebration of the holiday, which is a good thing and a bad thing. :) We did most of our celebrating Saturday.
Also, I wanted to just post a quick note sending some love to the troops. I have a LOT of family in the military, and I can't even begin to express the pride and gratitude that fills my heart when I think of the sacrifices that these people and their families make. I think its a very humbling thing to know that these people volunteer their lives for people that they don't even know and people that are so jaded that they never consider just how truly blessed we are. I am praying for the troops and their families. Its a thankless job, but they do it anyway. May god be with them always.
Now on to photos! These are the ones I shot Saturday throughout the various festivities of the day. :) Enjoy!









No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...